Follow by Email

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The great English adventure heads to Mexico!

Day one, successfully un eventful! If you overlook my leaving my money clips (with all my money, credit cards & stuff in it) at home & Himself leaving his new blazer in the cab.

Flight was fine. Met at the aero puerto by Ruy (Eddie - I will be totally crazed by Monday from the use of his two names... We grew up calling him Eddie but as an adult I began calling him Ruy which is what everyone but his mother & mine call him. Now, I have to stop & think about it) changed some money & headed to the hotel. Lovely old (1918) rambling hulk with a library, atrium, sidewalk cafe, bar, and what seem like hundreds of twisty, turny passages with scattered displays of antique clothing, silver, books, bull fighting costumes and other things. 
Nice rooms. Also, a wheel chair for our use into which, after we'd unpacked, we trundled mother & walked to a charming place for dinner. Christopher had the best dish. A chile stuffed with seasoned beef and smothered in a cream sauce with pomegranate seeds. Great service.
Home, stopping at the shop for Tylenol & antihistamine for my altitude headache. 
Settled mother in.
Went to the bar for a night cap (they only stock Jack Daniels - we are in the 3rd world) and then to bed with a cold cloth.

Up this AM, showered, got the mother situated. Endured 20 minutes of 'I'm going to die today' but she ran out of steam & is dressing. As we must. Call is 9:30 in the banquet hall for Virginia's 10:00 arrival. 

More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment